Katelijne van der Ast
Katelijne joined the SCA in the fall of 2002 (AS 37). She is a Flemish woman from the late 16th century hailing from the town of Antwerp.
- Katelijne was a previous resident of the King’s Lands, Principality of Avacal from A.S. 39 through 42 (2004-2007).
- She also resided in the Barony of Lions Gate, Principality of Tir Righ from A.S. 37 through 39 (2002-2004).
- Katelijne is the current Regent of Their Highnesses' University of Avacal (THUA). Current information regarding the University can be found here here
- Award of Arms - from Gunnarr III and Gabriell III, September Crown A.S. 38 (2003)
- Judges’ Choice Prize: An Tir Costumer's Guild – 12th Night A.S. 37 (2003)
- Intermediate Category Winner: An Tir Costumer's Guild – July Coronation A.S. 40 (2005)
- Prince's Favour (Avacal) - from Steinn II and_Gemma II, Avacal August Investiture A.S. 42 (2007)
- Princess' Knott (Avacal) - from Steinn II and_Gemma II, Avacal August Investiture A.S. 42 (2007)
- Order of the Jambe de Lion - from Cedric and Elizabeth, Avacal February Investiture A.S. 42 (2008)
- Order of the Rose Petal - from Beothuk of the Beothuks and Wilma the Still, Quad War, A.S. 45 (2010)
- Child of the Minotaur - from Beothuk of the Beothuks and Wilma the Still, Dragonslayer, A.S. 46 (2011)
- Order of the Carp - from Skeggi II and Taisiia II, July Coronation, A.S. 46 (2011)
- Katelijne is currently apprenticed to Countess Elisabeth de Rossignol and Mistress Anne-Marie d'Ailleurs.
Interests and Areas of Personal Research:
- 16th Century
- Bread Baking
- Dutch and Flemish Culture
- Fibre Arts
- German Culture
- Natural Dyeing
- Rapier Combat
- Rosaries and Paternosters
Katelijne also has a personal blog that includes research and experimental musings. Most posts are protected and you need to contact her to gain access - rectangularcat (at) livejournal (dot) com. You can find the blog here.
Katelijne is available to teach at Ithras, University Sessions or any other event your group might be having. She needs little advance notice to teach the following classes:
- Natural Dyeing
- Historical Rosaries and Paternosters
- Katelijne is an authorized rapier fighter and a current senior rapier marshal.