The Bards of KeyPoynt
Meet the Bards of KeyPoynt
The Bards of KeyPoynt are an Anacortes, Washington based group of musicians who write and perform Celtic-inspired medieval songs. They tour Washington state, Oregon, and sometimes even British Columbia, Canada, playing their songs for any and all who will listen, with a special interest in welcoming campfires at SCA events.
The Bards mainly consists of, well, bards who are a part of *gasp* the Towne of KeyPoynt! Meaning Kenneniah and his lady-wife, Amnara and occasionally a flautist by the name of Reyus who doesn't seem to mind putting up with them in order to make some fantastic music. If you don't speak SCA, you may call them Nathan, Amanda, and Scott.
In other news, Kenneniah and Amnara are expecting their first child, due December 1st, 2011. And yes, they did time the gestation around the eventing season. That's just how much they love performing.
Some of the Bards' favorite campfires to entertain around are: The Towne of KeyPoynt, Clan Carn, Ravenstead Household, House Eisen, Temple Caffeina, House Meðelstede, Clan Chaos Moon, Deepwater Keep, The Rampant Squirrel, The Iron Ring, House Smallmilks, and Fire Mountain Keep.
Notable Bardly Accomplishments
- 2008 ~ Released their first album of original songs Welcome to KeyPoynt
- 2008 ~ Bardic Champions of Midhaven Shire
- 2008 ~ Winners of Deepwater Keep's Bardic Competition at Autumn War
- 2008 ~ Amnara became the Bardic Champion of Shittimwoode for the Bards
- 2009 ~ Winners of Clan Carn's Bardic Competition at Autumn War
- 2010 ~ Kenneniah and Amnara recieved their AoA's at Ursulmas
- 2010 ~ Released their second album of original songs Once a Bard...
- 2010 ~ Bardic Champions of Midhaven Shire
- 2010 ~ Winners of Deepwater Keep's Bardic Competition at Autumn War
- 2011 ~ Performers in the Alaska Folk Festival (located in Earngyld Shire of the West Kingdom)
- 2011 ~ Kenneniah and Amnara were both entered into Aquaterra's Order of the Plate at Midhaven's Harvest Feast
The Bards take great joy in traveling from encampment to encampment sharing their music with the wonderful folk of the SCA. They have been honored to have received tokens of esteem from many notable persons, including Lord Micheal Kelly of the Silver Oak, HL Ferin Darkmountain, HL Galeran Chanterel, Leiðólfr Kvígsson of Deepwater Keep, Baron Aleksii Konstantinovich Chernoi, Queen Taisiia of Ma Elring, Duchess Angharad Banadaspus Drakenhefd, the household of Clan Carn, and Natt Sang.
Listen to the Bards
The Bards of KeyPoynt are on iTunes! Both of their albums are now available online!
To purchase a physical copy of an album from the Bards, currently the best course of action is to either speak with them at an event (they always have copies with them), or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. They sell their albums for $15 each or $25 for the pair. They are currently working on recording their third album, and anticipate releasing it during the 2012 eventing season.
The Bards do enjoy performing outside the SCA as well. Check their website or facebook page for information on where they may be performing next. They have also enjoyed some radio play in recent years. Their songs "Beverly Anne" and "Where'd You Go?" can be heard on local Anacortes radio station, KWLE 1340 AM, and several of their songs have been broadcast in Anchorage, AK as well since their successful performance for the Alaska Folk Festival in 2011.
For more information about these fun-loving lovers and their exploits, please visit their website and listen to their well-turned tunes at http://bards.lendral.com